The student news site of Northside High School

The Grizzly Gazette

Northside Welcomes Back Assistant Principal

DeAshia Reed, Writer

Every fall, Northside welcomes back some familiar faces, and some not-so-familiar faces. This year, along with hundreds of new sophomores, new teachers and faculty members joined the Grizzly family.

Northside has welcomed two new assistant principals this school year, including Christopher Davis, who graduated from Northside.

Most recently, Davis was an assistant principal at Huntsville High School. Before this, he was a band director at Mountain Home High School.

As an AP, Davis deals with student discipline, teacher observations, and general instructional duties.

“The most challenging part of my job is helping students find their potential in a difficult situation. I see a lot of students in difficult situations. What I want is to help them try to see their potential,” Davis said, “I want them to see what they can be and not become a statistic or just a part of the bad circumstance they are in.”

Davis’s main goal is to make Northside a better place in whatever way he can. Whether that be visiting with a student, or counselling with a student who made a poor choice, he hopes to make a difference.

“The most rewarding part of the job is when that lightbulb goes off in those students and they realize that they are better than some of the decisions that they make,” Davis said.

Mr. Davis saw this position as an opportunity  to lead more students and even teachers.

“As a teacher, I had the ability to effect change for the 150 or 200 I had in band every year. Now, as an assistant principal at Northside, we have almost 1700 students. I have the ability to work with a larger number of people and to try to have a positive impact,” Davis said.