The student news site of Northside High School

The Grizzly Gazette

A Great Scholarship Opportunity!

DeAshia Reed, Writer

Every year, different organizations provide multiple opportunities for students who want to further their education. Through college prep, programs, and scholarships, students are encouraged to reach their full potential in different fields of interest.

Nurse.org began accepting applications in February for the 2018 school year. This scholarship is offered to students pursuing an education in nursing or medicine.

Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, at least 17 years old, have a 3.0 grade point average and have been accepted to or currently attending a nursing or medical related program at an accredited institution.

The deadline for this $1,000 scholarship is January 29th, 2018 and it will be awarded Mar. 15, 2018.

Aside from the requirements, to be considered for this scholarship, a 600-1000 word essay must also be submitted. Essays must explain what is hoped to be accomplished in their careers in the medical field and how this scholarship would fulfill these goals.

Another topic is a questionnaire. Questions include:

Why are you motivated to study; nursing or medicine?

Do you have a previous experience that helps drive you to pursue a healthcare career?

What do you think is the biggest challenge facing nursing and health students today?

What is a personal achievement that shows your commitment to nursing or healthcare?
In February, finalist will be notified and must provide proof enrollment and GPA, including letters of acceptance, transcripts, etc.